3.13.2007

Back from/to NYC

A couple weeks ago I went to an artist conference in NYC. It was hosted by the International Arts Movement (IAM). It was cold! I took my roommate, Scoops with me. He is thinking about going to NYC for the Tribeca Summer Project. The same project that I did last year. I'm pretty excited about that.
The conference was intense. There were people from all over the world. A bunch of guest speakers and workshops. I went to four workshops: 1. Grad school panel discussion, 2. Portfolio review, 3. Art & Media in Propaganda, 4. Journey of an Artist. All of the workshops were great and beneficial towards my future.

I just applied for a year long internship in NYC doing art ministry. I've been thinking about it for the past 6 months. I've been a little hesitant making a decision. Being back in New York again and the whole experience of has confirmed in my mind that I want to go to New York for this internship. There is positives and negatives for both going and staying. But I need to get out of my comfort zone. I need to be stretched. I need to be challenged. I need to keep learning. I need to go to New York.

I got to spend some time with Sarah. I was super excited to see her again. Another good reason about moving to NY is that we will be closer (distance wise). I'm looking forward to that. She is coming to CA in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm looking forward to that as well.