5.04.2007

New Adventure in Stretching Faith

Art making has been at a minimum lately but, that's okay. God has been working on the other areas of my life. I really long to create something though.
I've made a commitment to do an internship in New York City. I will be working with a missionary organization with a specific focus on artists. Mostly college students studying in the fine arts. The decision came after a long 7 month process of prayer and seeking God's direction on this. To be honest a big part of me does not want to move to New York. I love the art and the ministry there but living there is something completely different. On the other hand if I had just signed up to go for another summer it would have felt too safe because I know I could come back to comfortable California.
He's telling me its time to move forward. He wants me to grow closer to Himself. For me that means not being comfortable with where I am at right now. I need to be challenged in my faith. I believe New York City is the place where He wants me to do that. I'm a little nervous about that. I've never lived anywhere outside California longer than six weeks.
I feel like I'm starting a whole new life with a few attachments from my current one. Those attachments mainly being family and friends which, I value deeply. Sometimes I think if I could only move all the people that matter most to me to NY than everything will be okay. At least I know Someone will be with me no matter where I go. "He will never leave me nor forsake me." I'm sure that is all the comfort I need.
I am excited to be stretched in my faith, to tell creative people about their Creator, to experience different culture, to make new friends, to grow closer to friends I already know in the same time zone, to experience difficult times, and new adventures.

Lord I am willing. Send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment