11.16.2006

Creating Art

My approach to art making, specifically drawing and painting has mostly been with the idea in mind that I would not have any idea in-mind. I do not think about what I am creating, only how I am creating it. I pay attention to technical excellence and the theories behind the work rather than the subject matter of the particular piece. I intentionally clear out my thoughts and attempt to create from my subconscious. It has become a series of mark-making that takes shape into organic forms. Since I create without intentions of something specific it leaves the work open to a variety of interpretations. All of which compile my interpretation for the artwork and pass on to future viewers.

From time to time I will post images of my artwork. I would like your comments on how you interpret the subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment